Rent accommodation in Seville
We offer 2,750+ holiday rentals in Seville
Giralda is the name given to the bell tower of the Cathedral of Santa María de la Sede in the city of Seville, in Andalusia (Spain). The lower two thirds of the tower correspond to the minaret of the old mosque of the city, from the end of the 12th century, in the Almohad era, while the upper third is a construction superimposed in Christian times to house the bells. On its cusp is a ball called a jar on which the Giraldillo stands.
The Giralda measures 104.1 meters high, including the Giraldillo, which measures 7.69 meters. It was for centuries the tallest tower in Spain, as well as one of the most constructions high and famous throughout Europe (by comparison; the Tower of Pisa measures 55.8 m and Big Ben 96.3 m). On December 29, 1928 it was declared a National Heritage and in 1987 it integrated the list of the World Heritage Site. Its unique and original architecture with exact quadrangular shapes, adorned with turrets and pinnacles, has inspired many towers later in the United States, Russia, Poland and other countries of the world.
Our selection of Apartments in Giralda
Apartamento Santa Justa
Apartamento Mirador del Salvador
Loft luminoso con patio
T&L TRIANA LOFT de diseño NUEVO junto al CENTRO
Our selection of Hotels in Giralda
Hotel Inglaterra ★★★★
Hotel Amadeus Sevilla ★★★★
Hotel Palacio De Villapanés ★★★★★
Cathedral of Sevilla
The cathedral of Santa María de la Sede is located in Seville (Andalusia, Spain). It is gothic style. It is the largest cathedral in the world. Unesco declared it in 1987, together with the Royal Alcazar and the Archive of the Indies, a World Heritage Site and, on July 25, 2010, Good of Outstanding Universal Value. According to tradition, construction began in 1401, although there is no documentary record of the beginning of work until 1433. The building was carried out on the site that remained after the demolition of the old Aljama mosque in Seville, whose minaret (the Giralda) and courtyard (Patio de los Naranjos) are still preserved.
One of the first construction masters was Master Carlin (Charles Galter), from Normandy (France), who had previously worked in other large European Gothic cathedrals and arrived in Spain as believed to be fleeing the Hundred Years' War. On October 10, 1506, the last stone was placed in the highest part of the dome, which symbolically ended the cathedral, although in fact work continued uninterruptedly throughout the centuries, both to the interior decoration, as if to add new dependencies or to consolidate and restore the damages caused by the passage of time, or extraordinary circumstances, among which the Lisbon earthquake of 1755, which produced only minor damage despite its intensity, should be noted. [9 ] In these works the architects Diego de Riaño, Martín de Gainza and Asensio de Maeda participated. Also at this stage Hernán Ruiz built the last body of the Giralda. The cathedral and its dependencies were completed in 1593.
The Metropolitan Council maintains the daily liturgy and the celebration of the festivities of Corpus, the Immaculate and the Virgin of the Kings. This last day, August 15, is also the titular festival of the temple, Santa María de la Asunción or of the Headquarters, and is celebrated with solemn procession of tertiary and pontifical.
The temple houses the mortal remains of Christopher Columbus and several kings of Castile: Pedro I the Cruel, Ferdinand III the Holy and his son, Alfonso X the Wise.
One of the last important works carried out took place in 2008 and consisted of the replacement of 576 blocks that formed one of the great pillars that support the temple, with new stone blocks of similar characteristics but with much greater resistance. This difficult work was made possible by the use of innovative technological systems that demonstrated that the building suffered daily oscillations of 2 cm as a result of the expansion of its materials. In 2017 it received 1,934,373 visitors, thus being the fifth monument most visited in Spain.
Our selection of Apartments in Cathedral of Sevilla
CH Apartments Boutique
Piso en Triana, Sevilla
The walls of Seville were military fences that surrounded the old town of Seville since Roman times with continuous remodeling, the result of the vicissitudes lived throughout the history of the city during its Roman, Visigothic, Islamic periods and finally Spanish. They subsisted until the nineteenth century when they were partially demolished after the 1868 revolution, currently retaining some cloths in the Macarena neighborhood and the surroundings of the Real Alcazar of Seville, mainly.
There were up to eighteen doors and access shutters, of which only four remain: the door of the Macarena, the door of Córdoba, the shutter of the Oil and that of the Alcazar. The remains preserved today maintain a distinctly Almohad appearance, mixed with the classicist air provided by the restorations of the existing doors in the 18th century.
Our selection of Apartments in Seville Walls
Hommyhome Pozo Santo Penthouse
Ritual Sevilla Suites Centro Only Adults
Sevilla Luxury Rentals - Horno Santa Cruz
Atico Santa Marina
Metrocentro of Seville
Metrocentro de Sevilla is a public transport tram system that runs through the center of the Andalusian city of Seville (Spain). Its layout, inaugurated on October 28, 2007, links the interchange of the San Bernardo railway station with the new Plaza, located in the historic center. The system consists of a unique line, identified as T1, property of the Seville City Hall and operated by the municipal transport company TUSSAM.
The objective of the Metrocentro is to perform the functions of a shuttle between the city center and the main means of collective public transport: urban and metropolitan buses, commuter trains and the Seville Metro. In its first five years of life, it moved a total of 23.5 million passengers, with an average 4.5 million travelers per year.
Our selection of Apartments in Metrocentro of Seville
Apartamento Deluxe La Campana
Sierpes street is a traditional and busy shopping street in the city of Seville (Andalusia, Spain), which constitutes one of the most significant and emblematic roads in the city.
It is located in the center of the city, starting on Calle de la Campana and ending in the Plaza de San Francisco, where the Town Hall rises.
The street has been pedestrian since the 19th century, it is relatively long, straight and uneven in its width. It has a great commercial and tourist activity. There is also the headquarters of the Commercial and Industrial Circle.
With the end of spring and the arrival of heat, awnings are placed at the height of the roofs, so that this and other nearby streets are covered by the shadow, to protect the pedestrians, until the end of summer. [2 ]
Our selection of Apartments in Sierpes (Seville)
Betis 7 Luxury Boutique Apartments
Toreros de Sevilla 5 pax
Casa Torre Giralda
Archbishop's Palace of Seville
The archbishop's palace of Seville is the official residence of the titular archbishop of the Archdiocese of Seville (Spain), corresponding this position since 2009 to Juan José Asenjo Pelegrina. It was declared a Historic Artistic Monument in 1969.
Our selection of Apartments in Archbishop's Palace of Seville
Puerta del Principe
Luxury by the Cathedral
Plaza San Francisco luxury apt
Suites Herrería de la Maestranza
Royal Academy of Fine Arts of St. Elizabeth of Hungary
The Royal Academy of Fine Arts of St. Elizabeth of Hungary in the city of Seville (Andalusia, Spain) is an organization for the promotion and promotion of art. It is part of the Institute of Academies of Andalusia and is associated with the Institute of Spain. It is based in the Pinelo's house.
Our selection of Apartments in Royal Academy of Fine Arts of St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Sevilla Home Center Suites
Amador de los Rios
Sweet Home Sevilla-El Salvador
Provincial Council of Seville
The Provincial Council of Seville is a public institution that provides direct services to citizens and provides technical, economic and technological support to the municipalities of the 106 municipalities of the province of Seville. In addition, it coordinates some municipal services and organizes supramunicipal services. It has its headquarters in the city of Seville. The Provincial Council, as its governing bodies, the President, the Vice Presidents, the Government Board and the Plenary. He began his duties at the end of 1813.
The territorial scope of the Diputación de Sevilla reaches 16% of the total area of Andalusia, serving 74.7% of the total population of Seville.
Our selection of Apartments in Provincial Council of Seville
Casa Palacio San Jose
Luxury Home Quinta Buganvilla
The Zentral Arenal Suites
Cabildo Square (Seville)
The Plaza del Cabildo is located in the Arenal neighborhood, in the Casco Antiguo district of the Spanish city of Seville. Built on the plot on which the Colegio de San Miguel was built, demolished in the mid-twentieth century, and which belonged to the Cabildo de la Catedral. It is located next to the cathedral of the city and is accessed through three passages that give the first to the Avenida de la Constitución, another Admiralty Street and the last through Arfe Street.
Our selection of Apartments in Cabildo Square (Seville)
Casa San Martín
Puerta Catedral Suites
Centro 7 Revueltas
Royal Audience of the Degrees of Seville
The Royal Audience of Seville was a court that depended on the Crown of Spain. The headquarters were in San Francisco square. The building that housed this Royal Audience is located in the Plaza de San Francisco in Seville, and is currently the headquarters of the Cajasol Foundation.
Our selection of Apartments in Royal Audience of the Degrees of Seville
Genteel Home Magdalena
Apartamentos Core Suite Sevilla
Click Museo Suite
Apartamentos Boutique Nature Sevilla Centro
Church of Santa María Magdalena (Seville)
The Church of Santa María Magdalena is a Catholic temple and the seat of a parish in Seville, Andalusia, Spain. The building is baroque. It was designed by Leonardo de Figueroa and built between the end of the 17th century and the beginning of the 18th century, as the Church of the convent of San Pablo el Real. It was declared of Cultural Interest in 1970.
It is currently the canonical headquarters of the Sacramental Brotherhood of Magdalena, the Brotherhood of Our Lady of Amparo, the Brotherhood of Fifth Anguish, the Brotherhood of Montserrat and the Brotherhood of Calvary.
Our selection of Apartments in Church of Santa María Magdalena (Seville)
Sevilla Centro Casa Del Pop
Suites Sevilla Plaza
Constitution Avenue (Seville)
The avenue of the Constitution is an important public thoroughfare of the Spanish city of Seville. Part of the square known as Puerta de Jerez and reaches the Plaza Nueva, considered the center of the city and where the historic building of the City of Seville is located. It has a length of 600 meters.