Rent accommodation in Cusco
We offer 760+ holiday rentals in Cusco
Cuzco or Cusco (in southern Quechua: Qusqu or Qosqo, pronounced [ˈqo̝s.qɔ]) is a city in southeastern Peru located on the eastern slope of the Andes mountain range, in the Huatanay river basin, tributary from Vilcanota. It is the capital of the department of Cuzco and, moreover, as stated in the Peruvian constitution, it is the "historical capital" of the country.
The city of Cuzco, according to the National Institute of Statistics and Informatics, is the seventh most populous city in Peru, and housed in 2017, a population of 437,538 inhabitants.
Formerly it was the capital of the Inca Empire, one of the most important cities of the Viceroyalty of Peru, in whose time, and in the hands of the Spaniards, it was adorned with baroque and neoclassical churches, palaces and squares, which is what today make it The main tourist place in the country. Declared a World Heritage Site in 1983 by Unesco, it is usually called, due to the large number of monuments it has, the "Rome of America".
Our selection of Apartments in Cuzco
Apartment Samana House
Casona La Recoleta
Our selection of Hotels in Cuzco
X.O Art House
Casa Biru Hotel Boutique
Muru Homely Hotel Cusco
Antigua Casona San Blas
Church of San Blas (Cuzco)
The church of San Blas is a religious temple of Catholic worship under the invocation of San Blas located in the city of Cuzco, in the department of Cuzco, in Peru.
It is located in the San Blas neighborhood northeast of the city center of Cusco adjacent to the Plazoleta de San Blas. This neighborhood is locally known for its artisanal traditions and corresponds to the area that was called "T'oqokachi" during the incanato.
The church was built on an Inca sanctuary dedicated to the cult of Illapa, god of thunder, lightning and lightning. It is believed that it was inaugurated in 1544, during the period of the second Bishop of Cusco, Fray Juan Solano, OP. Although some other versions say it was opened after 1559 by Viceroy Andrés Hurtado de Mendoza. It was founded as an indigenous parish in 1572 on the initiative of the corregidor Juan Polo de Ondegardo, who chose the Tococache area, where the huacas of the Huiracocha, Túpac Yupanqui and Huayna Cápac Incas were located. It is considered the oldest parish in Cuzco.